My First Marathon【我的第一次馬拉松】


My First Marathon

A month before my first matathon, one of my ankles was injured and this meant not 

running for two weeks, leaving me only two weeks to train.

第一次參加馬拉松的前一個月,我的腳踝受傷了,這意味着我兩周內不能跑步,那么

就只剩下兩周的訓練時間。

Yet, I was determined to go ahead.

然而,我決心繼續參加比賽。

I remember back to my 7th year in school. In my first P.E. class, the teacher required us 

to run laps and then hit a softball.

記得7年級的時候,我上了第一堂體育課,老師要求我們跑幾圈,然后打壘球。

I didn't do either well. He later informed me that I was "not athletic".

我兩個都做不好。后來老師告訴我,我不擅長運動。

The idea that I was "not athletic" stuck with me for years.

多年來我一直認為自己不擅長運動。

When I started running in my 30s, I realized running was a battle against myself, not about 

competiton or whether or not I was athletic.

當我30多歲開始跑步的時候,我意識到跑步是與自己的戰斗,與比賽無關,與我是否有運動能力無關。

It was all about the battle against my own body and mind. A test of wills!

這一切都是在於自己的身體和精神做斗爭。是關於意志力的測試!

The night before my marathon, I dreamt that I couldn't even find the finish line.

跑馬拉松的前一個晚上,我夢見自己連終點都找不到。

I woke up sweating and nervous, but ready to prove something to myself.

我醒來時滿頭大汗,很緊張,但是我准備想自己證明些東西。

Shortly after arossing the start line, my shoe laces became united, So I stopped to readjust.

Not the start I wanted!

剛過起跑線,我的鞋帶就松了。於是我停下來重新系好。這不是我想要的開始!

At mile 3, I passed a sign: "Go FOR IT, RUNNERS!"

在3英里處,我路過一個標志,上面寫着:“加油。跑步者!”

By mile 17, I became out of breath and the once injured ankle hurt badly.

17英里時,我變得上氣不接下氣,受傷的腳踝一度疼得很厲害。

Despite the pain, I stayed the course walking a bit and then running again.

盡管很疼,我還是堅持走了一會兒,然后又跑了起來。

By mile 21, I was starving!

21英里的時候,我餓得要死!

As I approached mile 23, I could see my wife waving a sign. She is my biggest fan.

接近23英里的時候,我看到我妻子揮舞着一個牌子。她是我的頭號粉絲。

She never minded the alarm clock sounding at 4 a.m. or questioned my expenses on running.

她從來都不介意凌晨四點響起的鬧鍾,也不會詢問我在泡不上花了多少錢。

I was one of the final runners to finish. But I finished! And I got a medal.

我是最后一批跑完全程的選手中的一個。但是我完成了!我還獲得了一枚獎章。

In fact, I got the same medal as the one that the guy who came in first place had.

實際上,我得到的獎章和第一名的是一樣的。

Determined to be myself, move forward, free of shame and worldly labels, I can now call

myself a "marathon winner".

下定決心做我自己,勇往直前,擺脫羞恥心和世俗的標簽,我現在可以稱自己是“馬拉松冠軍”。

 

2018年北京卷A

文中單詞
單詞 釋義 單詞 釋義
train n.火車;行列 required adj.必需的
laps n.重疊;膝部 informed adj.見聞廣的;了解情況的
stuck adj.不能動的 competition n.比賽;競爭
battle n.戰役;戰斗 wake up 醒來
prove v.證實 despite n.侮辱;憎恨;怨恨
starving v.飢餓的; waving adj.波浪狀的
approached v.靠近;接近 determined adj.堅決的
shame n.羞恥;羞愧 worldly adj.世間的;世俗的
readjust v.調整;適應 athletic adj.運動的;體育的

 


免責聲明!

本站轉載的文章為個人學習借鑒使用,本站對版權不負任何法律責任。如果侵犯了您的隱私權益,請聯系本站郵箱yoyou2525@163.com刪除。



 
粵ICP備18138465號   © 2018-2025 CODEPRJ.COM